Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Reading the Signs

 Scripture:

“You fools! You know how to interpret the weather signs of the earth and sky, but you don’t know how to interpret the present times.”  ‭‭Luke‬ ‭12‬:‭56‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus is speaking to His generation, especially the religious leaders, and He says to them that they know how to interpret the signs of the earth, sky and weather, but they don’t know how to interpret the present times. The sons of Issachar knew how to interpret the signs around them. God doesn’t want us unaware of what is going on, but we must learn to interpret the signs of the times.

Application:

There are signs all around us. Signs point to other things. Signs give direction and allow us to see what is coming. We must learn to interpret the signs of our times. There are wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes in many places, families, pestilences and plagues globally. These are signs of the end of the age and we must be able to interpret them correctly. We can look at the signs of the last days in Paul’s letter to Timothy and observe that today our society is exactly what is described there. We must learn to be observers of the times and what it is pointing to.

Prayer:

Lord, open my eyes and let me see clearly the signs You are placing in the world today. I hear of outpourings of Your Spirit around the globe, as well as all these other signs and I realize You are up to something. Help me to discern what to do in these days. Show me how to interpret the signs that are so evident around me. Take me to school and teach me how to interpret correctly the signs of this present age.and what they point to.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment