Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Wait for God

 Scripture:

“Moses answered, “Wait here until I have received instructions for you from the Lord.”” ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭9‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When Moses didn’t know what to do, he would not proceed. He didn’t want to do anything out of God’s will or without God’s permission. This is a beautiful heart of humility and obedience to the Lord. Many people would just proceed as they plan, envision, etc., but Moses needed to hear from God.

Application:

In our lives and churches today, we pretty much do what we want, then ask God to bless it. We don’t wait for God to give the instructions, we simply proceed with what we think is best. We look to Scripture to know God’s overall will, then we build a strategy to accomplish God’s recorded will in Scripture. This is beautiful, but is it what God wants? Shouldn’t we go to Him first, then simply obey and do as He says?

Prayer:

Father God, I want to walk with You as Moses did. I want You to speak clearly to me. I love to hear Your voice and to follow Your path. I don’t want to build my church in my way, I want to build Your church in Your way. Help me to seek You for every step instead of simply doing the next thing everyone else is doing. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment