Friday, March 3, 2023

Serving God or Money?

 Scripture:

““No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money.”” ‭‭Luke‬ ‭16‬:‭13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus is speaking here concerning being enslaved to money. He says you cannot serve God and be enslaved to money. In other words, you can’t be controlled by God and controlled by money at the same time because they are oftentimes conflicted.

Application:

Money was meant to serve us, not for us to serve money. Money is a great servant, but a terrible master. When we serve God, He doesn’t want us in a position where we can’t obey Him because we are in financial problems. As believers, we are to live in such a way that obedience to God is primary, and we aren’t controlled by anything that could cause us to say no to God. 

Prayer:

Father, let me be financially free so I don’t have to think about provision for my family and can just focus on being obedient to You. Help me to live free from the control and slavery to money and debt. Show me how to walk in Your Spirit and not be controlled by money, or any other thing. I want to serve You well in my generation. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment