Friday, March 24, 2023

God Fights Our Battles When We Follow His Ways

 Scripture:

“He will say to them, ‘Listen to me, all you men of Israel! Do not be afraid as you go out to fight your enemies today! Do not lose heart or panic or tremble before them. For the Lord your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and he will give you victory!’”  ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭20‬:‭3‬-‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

As God’s people were about to enter the Promised Land, He spoke to them to remind them they should never be afraid of their enemies. He told them never to lose heart or panic because He was going to be with them and would fight against their enemies, and give them the victory. God promised that if they obeyed Him, He would wipe out their enemies and they would have nothing to fear.

Application:

Fear defeats so many people in so many different ways. Fear causes people to never advance in life. God tells us that if we follow Him completely and follow His ways, there is nothing to fear because He will defeat our enemies. The question for us is simply are we following the Lord completely, if so, there is nothing to fear. God is greater than whatever we fear. The other thing we must remember is that battles don’t mean you are doing something wrong, battles remind us that the enemy is still around, but God is greater.

Prayer:

Father, I am yours. I want to live a life that is completely surrendered to You and Your kingdom. I want to be available for whatever You open up and ask me to do. Help me to never be led by fear, but by faith. Help me to see You as the one who fights my battles and defends my life. Teach me to trust You more each day. You are my everything and I want to serve You well.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment