Saturday, March 18, 2023

His Special Possession

 Scripture:

“Remember that the Lord rescued you from the iron-smelting furnace of Egypt in order to make you his very own people and his special possession, which is what you are today.”  ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4‬:‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here to the people of Israel just prior to entering the Promised Land. He reminds them that He rescued them from the iron-smelting furnace of Egypt and made them His own people, His own special possession. They were special in God’s eyes and He let them know that.

Application:

In the New Testament, we Gentiles can look back at Jesus and remember that God brought us out of our bondage and slavery of sin and Satan the evil task master. When He saved me, I became His very own and His special possession. I am treasured by God and must remember that. I am completely His. He paid the price for my freedom and my life belongs to Him. I am His possession and not my own.

Prayer:

Father, help me to realize how much You love me. You saved me because You loved me. You brought me out of sin and junk because I am Your special possession. I am Yours. My life is Yours. My future is Yours. My everything is in Your hands. Lead me and guide me every step of the way. Show me how to serve You well in and with my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment