Thursday, March 23, 2023

Time in the Word

 Scripture:

““When he sits on the throne as king, he must copy for himself this body of instruction on a scroll in the presence of the Levitical priests. He must always keep that copy with him and read it daily as long as he lives. That way he will learn to fear the Lord his God by obeying all the terms of these instructions and decrees.” ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭17‬:‭18‬-‭19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This command was for kings who sit on the throne of Israel. They were to personally copy the Word of God on a scroll, then read it daily as long as they were to live. It says in doing this that they will learn to fear the Lord and obey all His decrees and instructions. Making your own copy of God’s word would take a long time, but it would really settle it deep into your heart.

Application:

Daily being in the Word of God is crucial to us as believers. If the king needed to read it daily, so do I. When we spend time daily in the Word of God and in prayer, we will learn to fear the Lord and obey the Lord is what this verse says. We need to understand the fear of the Lord more in our generation. Maybe reading the Word daily will get us there.

Prayer:

Father, You are high and holy. You are worthy of honor and respect, and praise. You are my everything. Help me to remain in Your word all the days of my life. Thank You for showing me how to do my Daily Wash. I love Your Word and want to take it in daily that I may live according to it. Teach me to love Your Word and to learn to fear and obey You Better. Guide my life each day.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment