Thursday, March 30, 2023

Point to Christ

 Scripture:

““You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life.” ‭‭John‬ ‭5‬:‭39‬-‭40‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus is speaking here and says some powerful truths that change everything if I read it as he said it. He told the people that they searched the Scriptures because they thought the Scriptures could give them eternal life, but Jesus told them that the Scriptures point to Him. In other words, eternal life comes from Him, not simply the Scriptures. The Scriptures point to Christ. Later He says that Moses spoke about Him. 

Application:

When we read the Old Testament, we must read it as it points to Jesus. We must see Christ in the OT as much as we see Him in the NT. Jesus should be the focus, whether we are reading the Law and the Prophets or the Epistles. Taking it a bit further, our job in life is not to point people to the Scriptures, but to point them to Christ.

Prayer:

Father, help me to point people to Christ and not just to the Scriptures. Let Jesus be the focus of my life and ministry. I want to point people to Christ, where they can receive eternal life. Help me to represent You well in my generation. Help me to lead others to eternal life in and through Jesus. Let JESUS be the center of my life.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment