Monday, March 6, 2023

Wrong Fire

 Scripture:

“But Nadab and Abihu died in the Lord’s presence in the wilderness of Sinai when they burned before the Lord the wrong kind of fire, different than he had commanded. Since they had no sons, this left only Eleazar and Ithamar to serve as priests with their father, Aaron.”  ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭3‬:‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Nadab and Abihu died in the presence of the Lord when they burned the wrong kind of fire before the Lord. They offered it differently than the Lord had prescribed. The Bible doesn’t tell us here exactly what they did or didn’t do, just that the offered the wrong kind, or strange fire before the Lord. They didn’t give God what He asked for, but what they thought would work well apparently.

Application:

How much of what we do today in building the Church and the Kingdom of God, is being done in ways that are strange, or not what the Lord asked us to do? How often do I feel God want me to do something, then change it to fit how I see it working out best? I want to offer God what He wants, and not what I think He wants. I don’t want to build something that He is not part of the planning process.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to offer You what You desire and not what I think will work out best. Help me not to lean on the arm of the flesh instead of looking to You for everything. I don’t want to build something FOR You that You didn’t want. I want to build WITH You, exactly what You want. 

Your Son Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment