Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Godly Zeal

 Scripture:

“In this covenant, I give him and his descendants a permanent right to the priesthood, for in his zeal for me, his God, he purified the people of Israel, making them right with me.”” ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭25‬:‭13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Phinehas heard about sins being committed in Israel with other gods. One man publicly took a Midianite woman into his tent to have sex with her. When Phinehas heard about it, he ran into the tent with a spear and drove it through him and into her. He was zealous for the Lord and God honored his generations for it. Through that one act, he purified Israel.

Application:

God honors zeal. He loves it when His people demonstrate their love for Him in passionate expression. In zeal, David danced before the Lord. In zeal, Phinehas killed in honor of the Lord. God loves it when we are zealous for Him. If I’m going to err in my life, I want it to be because I was too zealous and not because I sat around and did nothing. 

Prayer:

Father, let zeal for the things of God consume my life. Help me to live passionately for You at all times. I want to never burn out, but to grow more zealous in my latter years. Like the old song says, “Don’t let my love grow cold…Light the fire again.” Let me be led by my love and zeal for You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment