Saturday, March 25, 2023

Promises, Promises

 Scripture:

““When you make a vow to the Lord your God, be prompt in fulfilling whatever you promised him. For the Lord your God demands that you promptly fulfill all your vows, or you will be guilty of sin.”‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭23‬:‭21‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God reminds His people here that when they make a vow to God, they should honor it quickly because the Lord demands that you promptly fulfill all your vows. He goes on to say it is sin to make a vow and not fulfill it quickly. God takes making vows to Him very seriously. He would rather us not make vows than to make them and not honor them.

Application:

When we are in bad situations, sometimes we try to make a deal with God saying something like, “if You will get me out of the this situation, I’ll work for You the rest of my life.” God would rather hear, “Lord I need Your help. I’m stuck and I can’t get out of this situation. I messed up. Please forgive me.” Rather than making promises we won’t fulfill, God wants us to come to Him in humility and ask for His help. It is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it.

Prayer:

Father, help me to let my yes be yes and my no be no. Help me to not make vows I can’t or won’t fulfill. I want to serve You well! Teach me to walk in truth and honesty. I want to walk with You at a deeper level. Let me know You more and more. Reveal Yourself to me I pray. I long for You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment