Friday, March 31, 2023

Look Deeper

 Scripture:

“Look beneath the surface so you can judge correctly.”” ‭‭John‬ ‭7‬:‭24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus told those who were accusing Him of working on the Sabbath to look beneath the surface so they could judge correctly. The entire sermon on the mount looks beneath the surface. Jesus continually looked beneath the surface of people and saw the heart. Jesus said even our words flow from our heart. Everything is better understood when you look deeper than the surface.

Application:

I want to see how Jesus sees. I want to look deeper into people than just what is on the surface. I want to judge as He would judge and walk as He would walk. I want to live from the heart and not just outward things that can be observed. I want to look deeper into my own life and judge correctly. I want to see things how Christ sees things.

Prayer:

Father, help me to not look at the outside, but the inside. Help me to not judge the outside, but the inside. For me, help me to live from the heart and not just rules and regulations. I want to live the Spiritual-filled life You died to provide for us. I want rivers of living water to flow from my life. I want to walk in the Spirit without measure. Help me to look deeper!

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment