Monday, March 13, 2023

Not For Sale

 Scripture:

“‘Even if Balak were to give me his palace filled with silver and gold, I would be powerless to do anything against the will of the Lord.’ I told you that I could say only what the Lord says!” ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭24‬:‭13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Balaam was asked to curse the people of Israel by Balak. He told Balak that, even if he gave him his palace filled with silver and gold, he would be powerless to do anything against the will of the Lord. In other words, Balaam was going to say what the Lord told him to say no matter what the cost and no matter how much people tried to give him to change that.

Application:

We should never be for sale for money, possessions, power, or anything else. As a minister, I must make sure that I deliver God’s word to people whether they like it or not. My job is to communicate what God is saying and not think about people’s giving or anything else. We cannot be bought out by anyone, but remain faithful to the Lord in all things.

Prayer:

Father, help me to accurately and rightly divide the word of truth. Help me to never be influenced by those who give money, resources, etc. I want to represent You well in my days and speak on Your behalf. Teach me to hear clearly, and speak clearly what You want to communicate to Your people. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment