Saturday, April 1, 2023

WHAT and HOW to Speak

 Scripture:

“I don’t speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say.”” ‭‭John‬ ‭12‬:‭49‬-‭50‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus says here that He didn’t speak on His own authority, rather, The Father told Him what to say and how to say it. He then reiterated the point that He said whatever the Father told Him to say. Jesus didn’t just do whatever He wanted while He was on earth. He did what the Father told Him to do. He never asked the Father to bless His plans, rather, He worked out The Father’s plans and did whatever He said to do.

Application:

It says here that the Father told Jesus WHAT to say, but also HOW to say it. How we say things is often more important that what we say. We must be careful because it is easy to say the right things in the wrong way. I want to communicate what the Father wants, but also in the way He wants it communicated. 

Prayer:

Father, as always, I want to hear Your voice clearly. Open my ears that I may hear You and then let me communicate, not only WHAT You are speaking, but HOW You are speaking. Help me to represent You well. I want to speak on Your behalf, therefore, let me hear Your voice well and let me communicate HOW You want to speak. Show me, not only the what, but the HOW.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment