Saturday, April 22, 2023

He Healed Him

 Scripture:

“As it happened, Publius’s father was ill with fever and dysentery. Paul went in and prayed for him, and laying his hands on him, he healed him.”  ‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭28‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul was shipwrecked on an island, bitten by a snake, and then had a healing service. What intrigues me about this passage, along with others, is the words, “he healed him.” When Jesus sent out His disciples He told THEM to heal the sick. We always tell people, “I can’t heal anyone. It is the Lord who heals.” It is the  Lord who heals, but He has given us that ability to heal. As we read through the Bible, It seems we read more often that the apostles healed people. I know it is just the wording, and the Lord heals, but I wonder if we are reading it wrong.

Application:

Today, I am seeking the Lord on this topic. Does God fully give us the ability to heal when He gives us His Spirit? Do we have this treasure in earthen vessels? Do we have abilities we have not been operating in because we are afraid to say words like, “he healed him?” I long to see God work in and through His people at a greater level. Maybe some of that comes with understanding that there are certain things He expects us to do on His behalf. As for me, I will continue to wrestle with this thought and strongly desire God to heal, restore, and deliver through. My life. 

Prayer:

Lord, if I’m missing something, please let me know. Show me how to function as Your servant. I long to see the sick healed, the dead raised, and the oppressed delivered. Show me what I need to know to operate like the early apostles did. Teach me Your word and how to live by faith.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment