Tuesday, April 11, 2023

God Comes Through on His Promises

 Scripture:

“Not a single one of all the good promises the Lord had given to the family of Israel was left unfulfilled; everything he had spoken came true.”  ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭21‬:‭45‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God promised to give the descendants of Israel their inheritance as they were leaving Egypt. 40 years later they entered the land and then they had years of fighting to gain the land, but in the end, “Not a single one of all the good promises the Lord had given to the family of Israel was left unfulfilled; everything e had spoken came true.” It took longer than they thought it would, but God’s promise came to pass exactly like He said it would.

Application:

When God says something, it will come to pass if we remain faithful. The people of Israel could have fulfilled this promise 40 year earlier, but they didn’t want to do it God’s way. When we try to do things on our own instead of the way God says to do them, we may delay things. Our job is to obey the Lord, and when we do, He ALWAYS comes though on His side of the promises. What He promises, He is able to perform. We must just stay in step with Him and walk in obedience.

Prayer:

Father, You are good and Your more cries are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness! You fulfill what You say You will do. Your promises are never left undone, but I see they are conditional according to my obedience as well. Help me to walk in obedience to You all the days of my life. Bless my life, my home, my family, the church I lead, and the region where I live. Let us see th goodness of God.

Yours Always,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment