Friday, April 21, 2023

Calling and Assignment

 Scripture:

“to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God’s people, who are set apart by faith in me.’”  ‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭26‬:‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul was standing here before the highest level of authority and giving his testimony of what happened and why he was preaching about the resurrection of Christ. He told them that when he encountered Christ, he was told that he was sent to open their eyes so they could turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to the power of God. Jesus told him that then they would receive forgiveness of sins and be given a place among God’s people. 

Application:

As with Paul, our mission remains the same, “to open people’s eyes so they can turn from darkness to light and from Satan’s kingdom to God’s kingdom. It is to give them a place among God’s people. We are called to fulfill the Great Commission. I want my life to count for Christ and to help turn people from darkness to light. I want to see more people’s lives transformed than ever before.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see You and hear Your voice as the Apostle Paul did. He was given his calling and assignment very clearly. I desire clarity in my life about the mission I am on. I need You to speak to me and show me what I need to be doing. Work in my life Lord to do Your will. I avail myself to You once again this morning. Teach me to hear and to follow. Help me to walk in wisdom.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment