Monday, April 24, 2023

Why Has All This Happened to Us?

 Scripture:

““Sir,” Gideon replied, “if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? And where are all the miracles our ancestors told us about? Didn’t they say, ‘The Lord brought us up out of Egypt’? But now the Lord has abandoned us and handed us over to the Midianites.””  ‭‭Judges‬ ‭6‬:‭13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The angel of the Lord came to Gideon and told him to arise and defeat the Midianites. He replied, “if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? And where are all the miracles our ancestors told us about?” He was real. He didn’t shy away from telling the Lord how he felt and what he couldn’t understand. He felt abandoned by God, but that didn’t upset God. God still used him in his lack of faith.

Application:

Sometimes God asks us to do things that we can’t even understand because we haven’t seen Him do something like that before. Sometimes we may have heard stories of others, but it seems like God hasn’t come through for us. We must come to the Lord with sincere hearts and seek His face. When we feel Ike God has abandoned us… He hasn’t. He still has a plan. It is usually us who has messed up and walked away, not Him. He is faithful to His end of the covenant. 

Prayer:

Father, when I struggle to see You moving and working, help me to walk by faith and not by what I see. Help me to trust You in all things. Teach me to walk in Your ways and do what You want. Thank You for answering my cry on Saturday and showing that You are still God and You know exactly where I am. You are faithful. Help me to walk faithfully before You all the days of my life. You are good and Your mercy endures forever. 

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment