Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Give God the Glory

Scripture:

“The Lord said to Gideon, “You have too many warriors with you. If I let all of you fight the Midianites, the Israelites will boast to me that they saved themselves by their own strength.”  ‭‭Judges‬ ‭7‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God took Gideon’s army and dwindled it down to three hundred men. He told Gideon, “You have too many warriors with you…the Israelites will boast that they saved themselves by their own strength.” God wanted to make sure that Gideon’s army knew that it was not them or their power that rescued them, but it was the hand of the Lord. God gets more praise when the odds are strongly against you.

Application:

We like the odds in our favor, but God will sometimes allow us to face overwhelming circumstances so He can get the glory and we will not take it from Him. If we give God 100% of the glory all the time, we may not have to face so many difficulties. It is when we are going to take credit that God may start dwindling our army so He can receive the glory. We must always rely on the Lord and not ourselves. He is our strength. He is our redeemer. He is our victory.

Prayer:

Father, help me to lean more and more on You and not myself. Teach me to walk with You and not on my own understanding. Help me to live a life that is totally dependent on You at all times. Teach me to live by faith and trust You completely. You are good and worthy of my praise and worship. Help me to never take the credit that belongs to You. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment