Monday, April 3, 2023

TAKE Heart IN Him

 Scripture:

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.””  ‭‭John‬ ‭16‬:‭33‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus had just finished speaking about going away and coming again. He also told them about sending the Holy Spirit while He was away to comfort them and empower them. He says here that He told them this so they could have peace IN Him. He continued to say that in this world they would have many trials and sorrows, but they should TAKE HEART because Jesus overcame the world.

Application:

First, I see here that Jesus said our peace was going to be found IN Him. He told us here that we can expect some trials and sorrows, but we should TAKE HEART because Jesus overcame the world. As we walk through difficulties on this earth, it is Christ who is our peace and we can take heart, or be strong, because He has overcome the world. Jesus is letting us know that when we rely on Him, we too will overcome the world. IN Him is everything we need to face the things in this world and have peace.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk IN Christ at all times. I want to know You more and more. I long to walk with You through every situation that arises in my life. You are the source of my peace and my hope. Teach me to take heart because I can trust You over everything else. You are my Lord and my savior. You are also my best friend. Walk with me. Talk with me. Teach me.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment