Thursday, April 6, 2023

God’s Ways

 Scripture:

“No manna appeared on the day they first ate from the crops of the land, and it was never seen again. So from that time on the Israelites ate from the crops of Canaan.” ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭5‬:‭12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This is a beautiful text that doesn’t stand out as anything amazing, but it is really a powerful testimony to God’s provision for His people. For forty years, they had eaten manna every single day. God made huge amounts of it appear on the ground each day for forty years. This is an incredible miracle, not only because Mann came down from heaven, but because it fed 2-3 million people every day for forty years. When God’s people entered the Land of Promise, the manna immediately stopped and they ate the produce of the land. 

Application:

God can not only make manna appear, He can make it stop appearing on the day He chooses. After forty years of seeing it on the ground every day, it suddenly disappeared. God provided for His people in their time of need, but when they had the ability to produce themselves, He stopped his provision. They never starved, but God’s best for them was to have them work the fields and eat the produce of their work. We must realize there are times that God sustains us, and times when God expects us to sustain ourselves, with His blessing of course. 

Prayer:

My Father and My God, You have provided for me for many years. You have somehow helped me through every situation. Help me now to be wise with what You have blessed me with. Show me how to handle Your blessings. Teach me to be a good steward of what You have entrusted me with. Your provision for my life has been amazing. Help me to make right choices from this point forward. Bless my life, family, ministries, and the world around me. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment