Saturday, April 8, 2023

Humility and Trust

 Scripture:

“As the Lord had commanded his servant Moses, so Moses commanded Joshua. And Joshua did as he was told, carefully obeying all the commands that the Lord had given to Moses.”  ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭11‬:‭15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, we see that God spoke to Moses, who spoke to Joshua, and Joshua carefully obeyed the commands the Lord gave to Moses. It is one thing to hear from God and walk out His vision. It is another thing to trust that God spoke to your spiritual authority and when they die, you continue fulfilling what God spoke to them. Most of us would be saying, “That’s what God said to Moses, but what is He saying to me?” Joshua trusted Moses as a man of God and didn’t go away from what the Lord had spoken to Moses.

Application:

Walking in another person’s vision is not an easy thing to do. It is hard to remain passionate about finishing what another person started, and do it in the way they were told by God to do it. It takes great humility not to say, “Moses is dead, now I’m your leader and we are going to change the way we don things.” Humility and trust had been created while Joshua served Moses and he remained faithful to the call of God.

Prayer:

Father, I want to fulfill all You have for me on this earth. Help me to know what to do at all times and to submit to You completely in every area. I ask You to lead me and guide me. Show me when to step out and when to remain. Show me how to serve wit humility and graciousness. Teach me how to lead Your people and to impact lives for Your purposes. 

Your son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment