Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Stay Close to God

 Scripture:

“Yet you have abandoned me and served other gods. So I will not rescue you anymore. Go and cry out to the gods you have chosen! Let them rescue you in your hour of distress!”” ‭‭Judges‬ ‭10‬:‭13‬-‭14‬ ‭NLT‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Ammonites were persecuting the people of God and God’s people cried out to Him for help. His reply was devastating to His people. “I will not rescue you anymore. God and cry out to the gods you have chosen!” God was tired of rescuing His people and then they would turn and serve other gods. God wants to be the first and the last, and everything in between. 

Application:

God doesn’t want us to just run to Him when we have problems, but to walk with Him according to His ways every day of our lives. I want to live a life that pleases God and invokes His blessing, and not cause Him to say, “let your other gods rescue you.” I want to live with a hotline to heaven. I want to walk in touch with the Lord God Almighty every day of my life. I want Him to know He can trust me not to abandon Him.

Prayer:

Father, find me faithful to You and Your kingdom all the days of my life. Teach me to follow Your ways and walk Your paths. Help me not to lean on the arm of my flesh, but show me the way You would have me go each day. Show me the next steps I’m to take each day and give me strength to follow You well. I long to hear “well done” when I see You face to face.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment