Saturday, April 29, 2023

Sitting in the Presence of God Weeping

 Scripture:

“Now the people went to Bethel and sat in the presence of God until evening, weeping loudly and bitterly.”  ‭‭Judges‬ ‭21‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

A terrible thing had happened in Israel and one of her tribes was almost completely wiped out by the other tribes because of an insidious incident. Even though Israel did what the Lord told them to do, they were upset because one of their tribes was almost completely wiped out and they didn’t want to see that happen. They did the right thing. They went to Bethel, where the ark of God was. They sat in the presence of God, weeping loudly and bitterly. 

Application:

Sometimes the hurt and pain is so deep, you don’t have words to say. At those points, we need to go to God and sit in His presence, weeping. We don’t need the proper words to say, we simply need to express our emotion to Him, then He will give His guidance and direction. He will save the day. There are times we need to just sit in the presence of God weeping and asking for direction. God is not opposed to this. He delights in a person who seek Him and His will for whatever the situation is. 

Prayer:

Father, I feel like I need some cry time in my life right now. I have been overloaded, tired, run down, and in need of rest. I feel like I get more rest than ever, but it does not refresh my body. Help me to finish this semester and to lead Your people well. When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I. I need You Lord. I long for Your presence and Your touch. Come and refresh my life I pray.

Your Son Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment