Friday, April 28, 2023

The God of Comebacks

 Scripture:

“But before long, his hair began to grow back.”   ‭‭Judges‬ ‭16‬:‭22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Samson had sold out his source of strength to Delilah after several attempts to get it from him. He ended up giving in to her and telling her about his strength and she used it against him. The Philistines were then able to capture him and pluck his eyes out. The Bible doesn’t say, but I’m sure he started repenting quickly after the captured him, then this verse says, “before long, his har began to grow back.”

Application:

Even when we mess up in our walk and relationship with God, it doesn’t stop our destiny in Him. We need to quickly repent and turn back to doing His will, then we can expect our hair to start growing back. We can expect that God will restore us to full power. All it takes from us when we mess up is to acknowledge it, repent of it, and turn to God, then our spiritual hair will start growing again. Samson ended up killing more in his death than he did in his life. God hasn’t given up on us. The hair will grow back.

Prayer:

Father, You are good and Your mercy endures forever. You are faithful to Your promises and Your loving kindness is incredible. When I get off track, lead me back and restore me. Fill me with Your Spirit and let Your anointing be on my life. I love You Lord and want to finish all You have given me to do. Show me Your plans and I will follow. I also ask You for a fresh anointing on my life. I have felt stagnant fo a little while. Fill me once again and flow through my life once again.

Your Servant,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment