Sunday, April 2, 2023

Servant AND Friend

 Scripture:

“I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me.”  ‭‭John‬ ‭15‬:‭15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was about to leave this world and go back to His heavenly home. He is speaking some of His last words to His disciples, which are always important words. He told them that He no longer called them slaves, but friends, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. He said, “I have told you everything the Father told me.” 

Application:

While it is good and appropriate to say that we serve Jesus and are obedient and subservient to Him, He calls us friends. We walk the line between friendship, where He tells us everything on his heart, and servanthood, where we listen to and obey His commands.  I want to learn to walk this balance well. I long to know Him as friend who knows His voice and a servant who follows what he is told. I guess what I’m saying is I want to speak with Him as friend and serve Him as master.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk the balance between living in Your kingdom as a servant and living in Your kingdom as a friend of God. You have called me both and I want to serve You well in both. Let me hear your voice like a best friend and let me obey You as your finest servant. Teach me Your ways and let me always live a surrendered life to You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment