Saturday, April 15, 2023

Stronger Through Fear of the Lord

 Scripture:

“The church then had peace throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria, and it became stronger as the believers lived in the fear of the Lord. And with the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, it also grew in numbers.”  ‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭9‬:‭31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This passage tells something quite opposite than what we are accustomed to today. Today we focus on the love of God and good marketing strategies and business plans. Here, we see the church getting stronger as the believers lived in the fear of the Lord. It grew in numbers because of the encouragement of the Holy Spirit. 

Application:

The growth and strength of the early church was based in the fear of God and walking in the Holy Spirit and being encouraged by Him. I believe we have traded the fear of God for the love of God and walking in the Spirit to strong business models. We gather our leadership information from books by secular CEOs instead of from the Holy Spirit. We must get back to the fear of the Lord and the encouragement of the Holy Spirit.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to fear You and to walk in the Spirit. Show me Your ways. Help me not to lean on my own understanding, but to submit myself to You in all things. Help me to hear Your voice and do what You are saying. I need You Lord and don’t want to do ministry FOR You, but WITH You. Teach me the fear of the Lord and the encouragement of the Holy Spirit.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment