Friday, April 7, 2023

Always Consult the Lord

 Scripture:

“So the Israelites examined their food, but they did not consult the Lord.”  ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭9‬:‭14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

As Joshua and God’s people entered the Promised Land, they started defeating everyone around them. The Gibeonites had a plan. They would act like they were from very far away and would make a peace agreement to serve the Israelites. They looked like they had traveled far, but they were from close by and lied about where they lived. Joshua made a covenant with them and had to honor his covenant. They should have been destroyed like every other town, but Joshua listened to the people instead of consulting the Lord.

Application:

We must learn to consult the Lord for every decision. Sometimes the enemy will lie, cheat and deceive to get us to make wrong decisions, affecting our relationship with the Lord. Rather than trusting our gut, or trusting people who could be lying to us, we must seek the Lord. He is truth. He will keep us from making wrong decisions. Some decisions that seem so natural, are set ups of the enemy. We must follow the voice of our shepherd.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, teach me to consult You before I do anything. I don’t want to fall for the enemy’s lies. I don’t want to fall for trying to help people and trying to do the wrong thing, only to find out I was doing what you didn’t want me to do. I want to serve You well and consult You on every decision. Make Your voice clear to me. Open doors and close doors in my life and let me be keenly aware which are from You and which are not. 

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment