Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Powerful Effect

 Scripture:

“A number of them who had been practicing sorcery brought their incantation books and burned them at a public bonfire. The value of the books was several million dollars. So the message about the Lord spread widely and had a powerful effect.”  ‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭19‬:‭19‬-‭20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul was preaching Jesus every day in the city and people were turning to Christ. It was causing an uproar among those who sold images of the gods in the region. They were losing their influence and their money. So many people got saved that millions of dollars worth of incantation books were burned. It says the Gospel spread widely and had a powerful effect.

Application:

I want the Gospel to spread widely and have a powerful effect in my region and wherever I minister. We have a big God who can do big things. He can turn cities around in a day. He can move mountains. Nothing is impossible for Him. I need to activate my faith and believe that God will allow His world to spread widely and have a powerful effect. I want to see the day of powerful effect once again. I long to see lives transformed powerfully into the image of Christ. 

Prayer:

Father, I long to see the powerful effect of Your Gospel. I long to see cities turned upside down. I long to see nations in revival. I long to see millions of dollars of demonic books being burned because they are of not use any more. Come Holy Spirit and work among us again. Pour out Your Spirit in my region. Move in power in my generation. Let the effects of the Good News be seen clearly by everyone around me.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment