Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Believing is Seeing

 Scripture:

“Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.””  ‭‭John‬ ‭20‬:‭29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus, in this passage, tells Thomas, who doubted until he saw Jesus personally, that those who don’t see Jesus, yet believe, are blessed. We don’t get to walk with Jesus and talk with Him as Thomas and the other disciples did. We don’t have Him to follow in the flesh. We must operate totally by faith, but we are blessed for it.

Application:

We are called to live a life of faith. We must believe what we cannot see. We are also blessed according to Jesus. We must see ourselves as blessed rather than wishing we could have been there and walked and talked with Him. We must learn to see faith as a source of blessing. It is easy to desire to SEE more and more in our Christian lives. I love to SEE God heal people, deliver people, etc. but believing without seeing is observed by Christ as something good, not bad. 

Prayer:

Father, I love to SEE You work.I love when You move into people’s hearts and lives are changed. I love to SEE You heal the sick and raise the dead. Help me to realize that I am blessed, whether I get to SEE things or not. I am blessed because I live by faith, not because I see God do things. Increase my faith. Help me to serve You better each day.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment