Monday, September 19, 2022

When God Doesn’t Make Sense

 Scripture:

““Make these people stubborn! Make them stop up their ears, cover their eyes, and fail to understand. Don't let them turn to me and be healed.”” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭6:10‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah just had his incredible vision of the Lord high and lifted up and His glory filling the temple. Immediately God called him and told him what to do. His calling was to make the people stubborn so they won’t turn to God and repent. Taken literally or figuratively, that calling is no fun and doesn’t seem to make sense.

Application:

Sometimes God calls us to do what makes no sense to others, but it is exactly what He is speaking to us. We need to learn to walk in obedience to God, even when obedience doesn’t fit our vision. We must be part of fulfilling God’s vision and not building our own vision. I need to hear clearly and walk in complete obedience.

Prayer:

Father, You are awesome and I want to serve You with all my heart, soul, and strength. Help me to truly do the work You have for me. Teach me to walk out Your vision instead of trying to run with my vision.  Let me really hear from you and do what You say.

Your,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment