Sunday, September 11, 2022

Content But Moving Forward

 Scripture:

“It's better to enjoy what we have than to always want something else, because that makes no more sense than chasing the wind.”  ‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭6:9‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

The author here tells us that always wanting something else is like chasing the wind.  He says it is better to enjoy what we do have rather than always desiring something else. This brings contentment, which is a powerful principle. 

Application:

Enjoying where you are on the way to where you are going is super important. /it allows a person to enjoy life at every step of the journey. Contentment is a powerful concept because it allows you to enjoy the life you currently have while moving forward. The only caution is in learning to balance contentment with a passion to grow or advance.  We must enjoy where we are while pressing forward into better things.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to walk a happy and content life, while moving forward in every area. Help me not to be continually displeased because I am not where I desire to be, but also don’t leave me where I am.  Teach me to have a holy satisfaction at the same time with a holy dissatisfaction.

Yours Always,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment