Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Genuine Love and True Faith

 Scripture:

“You must teach people to have genuine love, as well as a good conscience and true faith.” ‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭CEV‬

Observation:

Paul tells his spiritual son Timothy here that he must teach people to have real and genuine love, along with a good conscience and true faith. Genuine love is so important and it only comes through Christ. God is love! Having a good conscience means we are not doing things secretly that we know are wrong.

Application:

As a pastor, it is my job to teach and demonstrate these things. I must always have a clean conscience and real, true, faith that is not wish washy, but strong. I must not only have it, but teach it as well. The only was to live that way is to continuously walk in the Spirit.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in the Spirit at all times. Enable me to set a good example and to lead the way into a real, pure, and true walk with You. I want nothing phony, but long for Your hand and touch on my life. Let me represent You well.

Your,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment