Friday, September 9, 2022

Patient and Faithful

 Scripture:

“This is why we brag about you to all of God's churches. We tell them how patient you are and how you keep on having faith, even though you are going through a lot of trouble and suffering.” ‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭1:4‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Paul commends the Thessalonians here by telling them that he brags about them to all the other churches. He says that he speaks about their patience and faith, even though they are going through much trouble and suffering. Paul’s definition of someone to be bragged about was someone going through hard times patiently, not seeing signs and wonders.

Application:

Patient endurance and faith when going through trying times is what stands out in God’s kingdom. Sometimes we honor those who have great faith to get out of bad situations, but God honors those who suffer patiently and who keep their faith when trials come. I believe we need a strong balance of both, faith to get us out of problems, and faith that walks you through problems.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to endure faithfully every difficulty I walk through as your child.  Teach me to live an overcoming life of faithfulness in the good and bad. Help me to make You look good to those around me. I need You more now than ever before Lord. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment