Sunday, September 4, 2022

My Plans and God’s Plans

 Scripture:

“We make our own plans, but the Lord decides where we will go.”  Proverbs‬ ‭16:9‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

This simple verse speaks volumes. We can make all our plans and put them on a calendar, but ultimately God is in control and has the final say. God has the ability to change our plans and redirect what we do. We must learn to go with the flow.

Application:

I have been excited for months about the month of September which we are calling Hope Happens Here. We have told all our people to invite all their friends and to get ready for an incredible month. This morning it will start, but I just had shoulder surgery Thursday and don’t know if I can make it.  My most important staff personnel decided to be off today, and at this point I’m just hoping someone shows up and we don’t do a terrible job welcoming them. We made great plans, but God ultimately can change things quickly.

Prayer:

Father, calm my spirit this morning. Move in our services today and bring hope to many. We did our best to plan, now we look to you. Come Holy Spirit and touch lives in a powerful way. 

Your Son,

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment