Saturday, September 17, 2022

Use God’s Gifts Well

 Scripture:

“So I ask you to make full use of the gift God gave you when I placed my hands on you. Use it well.”       ‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭1:6‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

This is a very popular portion of Scripture, but generally it is translated to “fan into flame” or “stir up the gift”. In the CEV it is translated as “make full use of the gift….use it well.” I like this version because it shows how this is a gift, but it is up to us to use it well. We must use the gifts God gives us well.

Application:

God has people lay hands on us as we enter ministry and periodically throughout our lives. It is then our job to activate that anointing or make full use of it. We must then use it well. I don’t want to sit on any gift God has given me, but to use the gifts He has placed in my life well.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to make full use of every gift You have placed in my life. Teach me to follow You well all the days of my life. Help me to walk out my salvation doing Your will at all times. I don’t want to limit You by not doing my part. Show me when to say yes and when to say no. Work in and through my life and  enable me to flow in every gifts ever given through laying on of hands or otherwise. I want to be faithful with what I have been given.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment