Monday, September 12, 2022

Respect and Obey God

 Scripture:

“Everything you were taught can be put into a few words: Respect and obey God! This is what life is all about.” ‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭12:13‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

The author makes life very simple with this one line at the end of Ecclesiastes. He says that basically everything we learn in life that is important is summed up with this line, “Respect and obey God” because that is what life is about.

Application:

The goal of my life needs to be “respect God and obey Him.” When I do that, everything else gets put in its proper place. When I get to the end of my life, I want to be able to say, “I did everything I felt God asked me to do.” That, in my opinion, is success, and great blessing follows obedience.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to respect and obey You every moment of every day. Let my heart walk in agreement with Your heart. You are amazing and I trust You with my life. Let my fear and trust of You direct my path every day. I want to live a life that honors You above all else. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment