Saturday, September 10, 2022

Peace Over Overwork

 Scripture:

“Yet a very little food eaten in peace is better than twice as much earned from overwork and chasing the wind.”  ‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Solomon, at this point, is looking over his life and seeing what was really important and what wasn’t. In this simple verse he tells us that very little food eaten in peace is better than a lot of food earned from overwork. What he is saying is that sometimes we must slow down from overworking and rest. Peace, he would say, is more important than money.

Application:

You can work hard and accumulate all the money in the world, but if you lose your peace and rest in so doing, you have lost something extremely important. Overwork is part of the American way. We honor those who come in early and stay late. We believe productivity is more important than peace in our homes. Maybe I should be less stressed about accomplishing more, and more stressed about spending time in the presence of God.

Prayer:

Father, You are worthy of all my praise. Thank You for speaking to me today. Your word is life to me and bread to eat. Let me pursue the right things in life. Help me to live with proper balance in every area. Help me make the important things important.

You Son,

 Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment