Monday, September 26, 2022

My Cornerstone

 Scripture:

“And so the Lord says, “I'm laying a firm foundation for the city of Zion. It's a valuable cornerstone proven to be trustworthy; no one who trusts it will ever be disappointed.”  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭28:16‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Lord is speaking to Jerusalem, who had been punished by Him for their rebellion. He tells them that He was laying a foundation whose cornerstone would be trustworthy and everyone who trusts in will never be disappointed. This is a picture and prophetic image of Christ, our chief cornerstone.

Application:

We can rely on the chief cornerstone. He is faithful, reliable, and trustworthy. When we trust in Christ, we are never disappointed. He is the solid foundation we can anchor our lives to. We build on an incredible foundation when we build on Him. Anything apart from Him is a weak structure. I need Christ to be the foundation of my life and nothing else. 

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, You are my everything! You are my firm foundation and the rock on which I stand. Your word guides me and Your Spirit directs me. Teach me to rely more on You and less on my own understanding. Let me acknowledge You in all my ways because I want You to direct my path. Lead me Lord and help me have a heart to follow. Let my life make a difference for You and Your kingdom.

Forever Yours,

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment