Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Wisdom’s Call

 Scripture:

“For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord. But those who fail to find me harm themselves; all who hate me love death.””  ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭8:35-36‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Wisdom is speaking in this passage.  It says that those who find her find life and favor from the Lord.  Those who fail to find her harm themselves and this who hate her love death.  Wow!  Wisdom brings God’s favor.  Not seeking wisdom harms us instead of helping us.  

Application:

Wisdom is to be sought after like a precious jewel.  It is something we should constantly be looking for.  Part of our prayer each day should be for God to give us wisdom and understanding as we walk life’s journey.  God is the father of all wisdom and He holds it all with Him.  we should pursue Him and let wisdom fill our lives, then we will have life and God’s favor will fall upon us.

Prayer:

Lord, as usual, I ask You to guide me into all wisdom.  Let me say the right things at the right time.  Let me do the right things at the right time.  Let wisdom fill my life when it comes to leading Your people well.  Let me not be led by emotions, feelings, or anything else but by You.  Make me wise as I walk with You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment