Saturday, September 4, 2021

Humility Brings Honor

 Scripture:

“Before a downfall the heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.”  ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭18:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Bible has a huge amount to say about pride and haughtiness.  God opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble.  Here we see that haughtiness comes before a downfall, but humility come before honor.  When we remain humble before the Lord, He will bring honor and increase, when we think we can do it on our own, we are in for a downfall..

Application:

God loves His children to depend on Him and when we operate in pride, we are saying we can do without Him.  When we humble ourselves, He can raise us up, but He must be able to trust us.  God specializes in taking down the haughty, but He also specializes in lifting up the humble.  We need to seek humility above most other things, then God can raise us up and trust us to extend His Kingdom.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in humility and brokenness all the days of my life.  Anything and everything I have are because of You.  You are my source and my strength.  You are my deliverer and any good thing in me is because of You.  You are my world!  I love You, honor You and cherish You.  Mya my life bring You honor and praise.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment