Friday, September 3, 2021

Peace

 Scripture:

“A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.”  ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭14:30‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Solomon says here that a heart at peace gives life to the body.  When peace reigns in our lives, our bodies will be affected.  When our hearts are troubled, our body is also affected.  He continues to say that envy rots the bones.  When we always want what others have, it rots our bones.  When we are not happy where we are, we can expect our physical bodies to pay the consequences.

Application:

Paul tells us to be at peace with all men if it is possible.  Whether this Proverb is imagery or not, there is truth to the fact that when we are out of peace, our bodies will feel it and be affected.  We are body, soul, and spirit.  They are all three important and they all three affect each other.  We should pursue peace in our lives.  Peace isn’t the absence of problems, but the presence of God and the assurance that He will take care of everything.

Prayer:

Father, my name means “heavenly peace”.  I love peace in my life.  At the same time, this has been a unique season for me and my peace has faded.  Help me to walk in peace, with my mind stayed on You.  Help me to have peace because I know You are in control and all things will work together for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to His purposes.  Let peace reign in my life once again.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment