Friday, September 10, 2021

Two Are Better Than One

 Scripture:

“Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.”  ‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭4:9-10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Ecclesiastes is such a unique book.  King Solomon had achieved about everything a person can achieve in life and records in Ecclesiastes that is was all meaningless because everyone and everything dies the same.  He does throw some wisdom in this book though.  Here he tells us it is better to do things with someone else because you can do more together than separate.  You can also help each other along the way.

Application:

I know in my life that I need to never do ministry alone.  I should have always have someone with me working together, but I tend to be a loner.  Certain jobs I will get someone to help because I simply can’t do it alone, but usually I try to do things myself and not ask for help.  I need to change this.  Having someone with you doesn’t mean you are weak or needy, it just means you are better together than separate.  I need to start involving others with me so I can say like Paul, “Follow me as I follow Christ.”

Prayer:

Father, help me not to be so independent minded.  Help me to work with others instead of trying to do everything alone.  Show me the benefits of working together with others on projects.  Help me to establish community that comes through serving together.  I know I need to improve this area of my life.  Help me please.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment