Monday, September 27, 2021

Look to the Lord

 Scripture:

“What sorrow awaits those who look to Egypt for help, trusting their horses, chariots, and charioteers and depending on the strength of human armies instead of looking to the Lord, the Holy One of Israel.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭31:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah is speaking here about those who look to Egypt for help because Egypt had horses, chariots, and human armies.  He says that sorrow awaits them because they are looking to man for protection instead of looking to the Lord.  God wants to be our protector and our shield.  He is upset when we look to others for those things.

Application:

We must learn to look to the Lord and not to humans for help.  In the U.S. today, we need to look to the Lord.  A Republican or a Democrat can’t fix this nation.  Only God can turn around the U.S. at this point.  We can’t put our trust in a person, a party, or an ideal.  We must put our trust in the Lord our God.  He is our protector and our shield.  I need to trust God and not people more and more in my life.  He has never steered me wrong.

Prayer:

Lord, You are the Almighty God!  Your track record is incredible concerning You taking care of Your children.  Help me to keep my eyes on You and not on the things going on around me.  You are the source of everything I need.  Help me not to look to an earthly leader to change things, but to You.

You Are My Everything!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment