Saturday, September 25, 2021

Perfect Peace

 Scripture:

“You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!”  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭26:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah tells us here that God will keep in perfect shalom those who trust in Him and whose thoughts are fixed on Him.  Peace comes when we stay focused on the Lord.  When we lock in and fix our thoughts on Him, we will walk in peace.  Lack of peace comes from lack of thinking on the Lord.

Application:

When peace is lacking in my life, I need to spend time thinking on the Lord and learning to trust Him more and more.  The truth is, when we are fixed on Him, there is incredible peace because He is the all-powerful one who is capable of absolutely anything.  Nothing is beyond Him, therefore we can trust Him. We must fix our focus, not on our problems, but on Him.  He is the source of our peace.

Prayer:

Father, give me Your peace today as I preach at Kevin Mahoney’s funeral.  Help me to stay in step with You.  Bring peace to everyone affected by this death.  Let my heart and mind be fixed on You and Your purposes at all times.  Help me to live with my sights on heaven and to do what You ask here on this earth.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment