Saturday, September 18, 2021

Willing and Obedient

 Scripture:

“If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land;”. ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭1:19‬ ‭NIV‬

Observation:

Isaiah is speaking to God’s people, who were doing what they always did and rebelling against the Lord and doing their own thing.  He tells them here that if they are willing and obedient, they can eat the good things of the land.  In other words, he was telling them that if they put God first and did what He said, they would be blessed in every way.

Application:

All God needs is willingness and obedience.  We have to want what He wants and then as we hear from Him through his Word or personal revelation, we must learn to obey instead of reasoning whether we can do what He says.  When God speaks, it usually is bigger than us and what we think we are capable of.  Our job is not to determine if we are able, but to be willing to obey, no matter what.  When we do, we will walk in the blessing of God.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to live this type of life.  I want to truly be willing to do whatever You ask me to do and I don’t just want to talk about it, I want to do what You want.  Help me not to analyze whether I think I can do what You are speaking, but to listen and obey.  Teach me to walk this way the rest of my life.  I want to finish strong and lead others to follow You well.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment