Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Know What to Show

 Scripture:

““What did they see in your palace?” asked Isaiah. “They saw everything,” Hezekiah replied. “I showed them everything I own—all my royal treasuries.””  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭39:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah saw the enemy coming out of the palace and asked the king, “What did they see in your palace?”  The king replied that he showed them everything he owned - all his royal treasuries.  Isaiah knew this was a bad idea.  He knew once the saw the blessings of the Lord that they would return looking for it. 

Application:

We don’t have to show the enemy everything we have in our hands. There are some things that our enemies don’t need to know about.  In the US military we call it “need to know”.  Some things you need to know, but you don’t need to know and show everything.  Sometimes, when God blesses us, we don’t have to show it off to others.  We must be sensitive to the Spirit about how much to share, and with whom we share it.   Walking in step with the Holy Spirit is key here because it is not black and white.

Prayer:

Father, show me daily what to share and what not to share.  Help me to be a good steward of the way You have blessed my life.  Teach me to walk with the wise concerning what needs shared and what doesn’t.  Enable me to be wise in every area and to see the day of good things.  Thank You for Your incredible blessings and favor on my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment