Thursday, September 23, 2021

When You Cry Out

 Scripture:

“It will be a sign and witness to the Lord Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the Lord because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them.”  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭19:20‬ ‭NIV‬

Observation:

In this passage, Isaiah speaks of Egypt, who was the enemy of the people of God. He says that they will go through a bad time, but that because of their oppressors, they will cry out to the Lord and He will send them a savior and defender and will rescue them.  The beauty of God is that, no matter how terrible the person or nation, when they cry out to Him, He will deliver them.

Application:

Crying out to God bring results, but not many allow themselves to get to a place where they need to do that. What if we cried out to God when things were not so bad?  What if we cried out to God simply in desire to know Him more?  What if we cried out to God for our families to be saved?  God responds to those woh cry out to Him, even when they are an enemy nation.  How much more will He respond to the cries of His own children.

Prayer:

Father, I cry out to You this morning.  Move in my family.  Let my sons know You intimately.  Let my family reflect your glory.  Take my life and let it be used for Your glory.  I long for You.  I cry out for my nation this morning.  Let her turn to You.  I cry out for northern Virginia this morning, let us see a mighty revival in this area.  I long for You to move in power in our midst.  Come and rescue Your people I cry out this morning.  You are our only hope.  You are my only hope.  I need you desperately.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment