Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Don’t be Cocky

 Scripture:

“Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth; an outsider, and not your own lips.”  ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭27:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Solomon gives some very powerful advice in this passage.  He tells the reader not to praise themselves, but to let an outsider praise you to your works instead of high lighting it yourself.  Humility is simply doing things with excellence and saying nothing.  Pride talks about your accomplishments.

Application:

My dad used to tell me not to be cocky.  Don’t be arrogant and think you are above others.  It is better to humbly serve and do your work without a word, than to show off your work and accomplishments to everyone.  Quiet service is better than cocky talk.  We should do what we do for the Lord anyway, giving Him praise , honor and glory. 

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to walk before You humbly all the days of my life.  Teach me to lean on You more and more.  Help me to walk in humility and honor.  Show me when I’m getting cocky or prideful.  I want to bring You honor and praise in my generation.  I want to serve You well.  Thanks for speaking to me each day.  You are awesome!

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment