Saturday, September 11, 2021

Time and Procedure

 Scripture:

“For there is a proper time and procedure for every matter, though a person may be weighed down by misery.” ‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭8:6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Just prior to this passage, the author speaks of being in the presence of a king or leader.  He says that some things don’t need said at certain times before a king or you will end up in trouble.  Then comes this verse, “there is a proper time and procedure for every matter.”  This tells me that there is a right time and a right way to approach leadership and authority.

Application:

Current events in our country have gotten really crazy lately and authorities have been doing things that don’t sit well with myself and many others.  How do we make a real change?  This verse tells me there is a right time and a right procedure for addressing things with the king.  We must be sensitive to the Holy Spirit right now more than ever to know when to speak, when to fight, when to pray and how to proceed with what He gives us to do.  We need to know the timing and the procedure.

Prayer:

Father, don’t let me step out of Your timing or Your ways.  Show me daily what I am to do and how to lead Your people. Help me to stay in step with the Spirit at all times and complete my mission on earth.  I want to hear You say, well done good and faithful, you did everything I asked you to do.  That’s my life goal Lord, help me to accomplish it.  Your timing, Your way!

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment