Thursday, September 2, 2021

Bring Healing With My Tongue

 Scripture:

“The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.”  ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:18‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

King Solomon says here that reckless words pierce like swords.  In other words, unthoughtful words, or words that just come out recklessly, cut deeply like a sword.  They go very deep.  A wise person’s tongue, according to this passage, brings healing.  Healing words change lives forever.

Application:

I can use my words recklessly or wisely.  I want to use my mouth for the Kingdom of God and to reflect Him and His character.  I also want to speak the truth, even when it hurts.  I need wisdom for when to speak and what to speak at the appropriate times.  I sincerely desire to let my tongue be used for edification, but I want to learn to say the hard things wisely and lovingly.

Prayer:

Father, help me to speak truth in love.  Help me to use my words to build up and not to tear down.  Teach me to bring healing with my tongue instead of death and cutting.  Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be holy and acceptable in Your sight oh Lord my God.  Use my words for healing.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment